New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > Question about Stabilizing/Clearing Additions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2012, 08:17 PM   #1
Nierika
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Question about Stabilizing/Clearing Additions

I brewed a Vinexpert Sauvgnon Blanc/Semillion on 4/19/2012. The wine is in the secondary and is very clear. The kit instructions say to stir the sediment back up before stabilizing and fining. Is this absolutely necessary? Does the wine still need degassing after 6 1/2 weeks? I would like to have this bottled for a party in 19 days. If I do stir do you think it will clear in time?

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." ~Theodore Roosevelt

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2012, 12:25 AM   #2
chezteth
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

I think you will be rushing things if you try to get your wine into bottles within the next two weeks. You may be able to drink it but the flavor won't be at it's peak for awhile. The reason the instructions say to stir up the sediment is to be sure the yeast floculates properly after the stabilizing agents are added. Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Brandon

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply