Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > Question about Potassium Sorbate

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2012, 06:35 PM   #1
beaglewrangler
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Question about Potassium Sorbate

Hello everyone and thanks for reading.

I have a 6 gallon batch of strawberry wine I made this past June. After letting in set for a couple of months I added some flavoring along with the recommended amounts of k-meta and potassium sorbate. I noticed no indication of renewed fermentation. It's been about 4 months now and before bottling I think I would like to add some sweetener. My question is do I have to add another dose of the potassium sorbate and / or k-meta or is the previous addition all that is necessary. Any input appreciated as this is my first attempt at flavoring and back sweetening.

Tim

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2012, 07:14 PM   #2
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 4931 Times on 3575 Posts
Likes Given: 994

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaglewrangler View Post
Hello everyone and thanks for reading.

I have a 6 gallon batch of strawberry wine I made this past June. After letting in set for a couple of months I added some flavoring along with the recommended amounts of k-meta and potassium sorbate. I noticed no indication of renewed fermentation. It's been about 4 months now and before bottling I think I would like to add some sweetener. My question is do I have to add another dose of the potassium sorbate and / or k-meta or is the previous addition all that is necessary. Any input appreciated as this is my first attempt at flavoring and back sweetening.

Tim
If the flavoring you added didn't restart fermentation, the sweetener you add now won't either. You don't have to add more sorbate (it doesn't dissipate) but I'd definitely add more k-meta at bottling or the next racking.

Find me on facebook: Lorena Evans
But I'm pretty boring so don't expect much!
https://www.facebook.com/lorena.t.evans

Old 12-31-2012, 07:05 PM   #3
beaglewrangler
Recipes 

Thanks Yooper !!

Quick Reply