Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > Pressed grape juice question

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2009, 06:50 AM   #1
SpaceInvadingMonkeys
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Pressed grape juice question

Ok... I've been lurking around here for a while now... ¬_¬

But I've finally come up w/ a question that I couldn't find the answer too (at least easily)... I am thinking of making a pyment to share w/ my family and I want to use some really good pressed grape juice... I figured that this is the wine forum so you guys would know about grapes... I hope I am not wrong...

I am want to make my pyment with either pinot blanc or pinot noire grapes. This combination with honey sounds really delicious to me (sorry to any wine snobs out there but it does). So my real question, where do you guys get some awesome grape juice? I am sure some of you press it yourself but I don't really have the equipment and I don't really want to invest in it because I don't think this will be a habitual thing...

Is there any place I can order some awesome pressed grape juice? I've tried vineyards and some do it and some don't... I know some do but it isn't really advertised...

Thanks for any possible help! :-D

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2009, 11:29 AM   #2
summersolstice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 16 Posts

Peter Brehm is one of the better known suppliers of quality must (for reds) and juice (for whites). I've ordered his frozen pails before and, though expensive, they're a quality product. A pail of white juice makes more wine and is easier to work with since the same size pail of reds contains skins and solids that must be pressed. An added plus for you is that he's in California.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply