Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > Pomegranate juice?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2010, 11:15 PM   #1
CandleWineProject
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Pomegranate juice?

What is a good source for pomegranate juice for wine? My husband loves pomegranates and wants me to make a wine, but I don't want to mess with crushing them. Pom juice is okay, but seems a little off. Could be because it is made from concentrate. I recently bought "Just Pomegranate", which is from juice, water, and concentrate, but it stank. They used overripe pomegranates, and it was awful and was worse than Pom.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2010, 01:01 AM   #2
samc
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 54 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Trader Joes has some juice. Also middle eastern grocery stores will usually have several brands of juice.

Old 01-02-2010, 02:37 AM   #3
CandleWineProject
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by samc View Post
Trader Joes has some juice. Also middle eastern grocery stores will usually have several brands of juice.
Have you had any to know that they are any good? I work with databases, and so if the database is horrible, then the resulting actions on it will produce horrible results. Trash in, trash out, they call it, and I don't want to have that happen with my wine. That "Just Pomegranate" stuff was just surprisingly awful.

Quick Reply