Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > Plastic Corks vs natural ones?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2013, 02:14 PM   #1
jflongo
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 64 Times on 57 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default Plastic Corks vs natural ones?

I am getting ready to make my first batch of wine, so I'm collecting 750ml bottles. I was just at the liquor store the other day and saw they sold plastic corks, and natural corks. Is there a benefit to one over the other? I know for natural ones, I need to buy a tool to insert them. For the Plastic ones, do you just push them in and they are good? Do they need to be dry, or can you take them right from sanitizer and insert them?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2013, 02:32 PM   #2
novalou
Recipes 

Liked 35 Times on 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflongo
I am getting ready to make my first batch of wine, so I'm collecting 750ml bottles. I was just at the liquor store the other day and saw they sold plastic corks, and natural corks. Is there a benefit to one over the other? I know for natural ones, I need to buy a tool to insert them. For the Plastic ones, do you just push them in and they are good? Do they need to be dry, or can you take them right from sanitizer and insert them?
I don't care for the solid plastic corks, they don't create a good seal to the bottle. I prefer the synthetic corks that resemble real corks. They work well.

Old 01-05-2013, 03:27 PM   #3
jflongo
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 64 Times on 57 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Ok thanks, I think i'll order these then.

http://www.amazon.com/JPTECH-VS1-Sem...ynthetic+corks

Quick Reply