Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > Over Concentrated Wine

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2011, 06:13 PM   #1
B0whunt3r
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Over Concentrated Wine

I bought some 100% organic Bing Cherry concentrate at a discount store for 2 bucks. I figured if it makes crappy wine I'm not out very much. After doing the math, I calculated that it would take 3 gallons of water to make normal cherry juice but since my 3 gallon carboy was in use I decided to make a really heavy bodied wine by putting it in a gallon carboy. I added the concentrate to the water and took a hydromiter reading and came up with 11% potential alcohol. I used the yeast cake from a batch of apple wine I just racked to get it going....fast forward 3 months....After the 2nd racking I tasted it and WOW! cherry to the extreme, so much so that I need to mellow it out to be drinkable.

So I've came up with a few ideas to do that first I was going to buy a gallon of Carlos Rossi (not sure which kind) and blend it. Than I started thinking of making another gallon or 2 of wine and blending them all together. While thinking of what flavors go with cherry I thought Vanilla and I found a recipie on Jack Kellars site.

Has anyone ever tried vanilla wine? or can think of another way to mellow out the flavor? or any other good wines I can make to blend it with?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply