One more Layer for Strawberry wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WilliamSlayer

Reaction score
Taking suggestions here.

I need to add a gallon of Something to my strawberry wine. It just does not come across good yet, so I'm throwing the idea of a straight Strawberry wine out. I have added both glycerin and liquid oak.

What juices (in a one gallon form) would go well with the strawberry?

Edit: this is a 5 gallon batch @ approx. 11% abv.

Available as one gallon juices: White grape or white grape peach. Isn't there a Welch's white grape cherry now? Apple?

So, will you be fermenting this gallon and blending it with the glycerin/oaked strawberry wine?

How old is your strawberry wine---pitch date vs date you reached FG?

Available as one gallon juices: White grape or white grape peach. Isn't there a Welch's white grape cherry now? Apple?

So, will you be fermenting this gallon and blending it with the glycerin/oaked strawberry wine?

How old is your strawberry wine---pitch date vs date you reached FG?

Actually I was planning on using this gallon as Sussreserve for flavor and sweetness. Even with the glycerin is seems rough.

Checking my notes, there was three and a half weeks between Pitch date and reaching Final gravity.

I wish I could let it bulk age, but I'm moving soon, and have to pull the trigger on bottling in the next week or so. :-(

Back