Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > Noob brewer- first time apfelwein + skeeter pee

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2011, 05:43 AM   #11
OHIOSTEVE
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 52 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 26

Check craigslist for carboys.. type in homebrew.......beer.....wine.....glass jugs.......carboy.... any one of those may get a hit. I bought a TON of em from a guy for 3 bucks each.

BALDGUT BREWS

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2011, 06:15 PM   #12
brewdogskip
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albundy_33 View Post
Update: I just could not wait 6-8 months for my apfelwein to age. i bottled in less that 30 days and my opinion the apfelwein is great. Just like edwort said, reserve judgement until after 5 glasses. I'm trashed from 4 pints, love you edwort (no homo). The first couple glasses tasted like cheap white wine, now i'm slamming them like yuengling lagers! I can not wait to try the aged version , but looks like i need to wait a while until my next batch is done. I hope the 45 pints i bottled (with crown caps) will last me 6-8 months. If not, I will have some skeeter pee to sip until they are ready.
If your quickly going through your stash this early in the game, go ahead and buy some more buckets and ingredients. Stagger a few batches so you always have something to drink.

Old 01-28-2012, 06:12 AM   #13
mrsladew
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albundy_33 View Post
Update: I just could not wait 6-8 months for my apfelwein to age. i bottled in less that 30 days and my opinion the apfelwein is great. Just like edwort said, reserve judgement until after 5 glasses. I'm trashed from 4 pints, love you edwort (no homo). The first couple glasses tasted like cheap white wine, now i'm slamming them like yuengling lagers! I can not wait to try the aged version , but looks like i need to wait a while until my next batch is done. I hope the 45 pints i bottled (with crown caps) will last me 6-8 months. If not, I will have some skeeter pee to sip until they are ready.
If you are "slamming them" even remotely think that 45 pints might last you 6-8 months, you may want to re-assess your assertation that you are "no homo"

Old 01-28-2012, 01:08 PM   #14
garnede
Recipes 

Go ahead and start 3 more batches of apfelwein drinking 4 a night will only give you 11 nights enjoyment. You can drink one young like you are now and the other 2 will get a little age on them. Then start skeeter pee on those 3 yeast cakes, and it will give you more to drink while you let the apfelwein time to age.

Bottled: EdWort's Apfelwein, Mulberry multi-berry wine & seconds
Up next: Persimmon wine,

Old 02-01-2012, 04:04 PM   #15
crazyseany
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I bottled my apple wein from a bottle bucket right from it's primary carboy... Is this wrong? If I was to rack and let sit would that do away with the white sediment I have in my bottles?

Quick Reply