Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > Newyears Wine!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2010, 05:43 PM   #11
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2709 Times on 1628 Posts
Likes Given: 3483

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veinman View Post
I started a thread about apple champagne ready for NEXT New Years here:

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f25/apple-champagne-209086/

From what I've read 12% apple wine needs a few (4-6) months to be good I'm thinking 15% would need more. Reevy can I get your apple champagne recipe? Is it Apfelwein strength or regular wine strength? how many volumes do you carb your apple champagne to?

Sorry for the de-rail but I got excited when I read advice from Yopper and Reevy in the same thread.

Back to the "Can he have 15% wine ready in a month" question?
I say it will be done fermenting but quite rough drinking...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justibone View Post
If you want just carbonate the apfelwein you already have. Treat it like a beer -- ferment it until it's dry, calculate bottling sugar, add... watch out for yeast in the bottom. Or, if you have a keg set up, just put it under gas, voila!
That is exactly what I did with mine. It's the same old apfelwein recipe, just carbed high.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2010, 02:54 PM   #12
Carolinabrew21
Recipes 

well the wine has been moved to my Bday in april that should make for better wine!

Old 12-10-2010, 05:29 PM   #13
Justibone
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 69

Yes, much better.

Quick Reply