Good day everyone,
I have a question but first a little history:
I have brewed some beer in the past but never tried my hand at wine. I have been reading a lot online about how to do this the correct way and have incorporated all of this knowledge into my first batch which I started several days ago.
The recipe I am using is here: http://timetowhine.endoftheinternet.org/?page_id=37 (This is my personal website)
You can read through my blog on it if you want but I will sum it up here, I know I bore myself to tears at times.
- Sterilized all equipment in Kmeta, 7700mg per gallon of water. (2026ppm per my calculations)
- Cleaned and de-stemmed 40 pounds of Peruvian red grapes.
- Mashed grapes in 6 gallon bucket lined with cheesecloth(which I will leave out next time most likely)
- SG started at 1.070, adjusted to 1.100(a little high) with 3/4 gallon of water and 2 pounds 13 ounces of sugar.
- Added 2200mg Kmeta to 5 gallons of must and let sit for 24 hours, covered.
- Stirred in 2.5 tsp of powdered pectic enzyme and covered.
That is where I am at right now. Here is my question:
I will be adding nutrients and yeast this evening but I have had the lid on the bucket this entire time. I just realized that I needed to have it open, or at least lightly covered with a cloth, to allow the Kmeta to release into the air. I uncovered it and just put a cloth over it just this morning and will have about 10 hours of it being like this, just covered with a cloth, before I intended to add the yeast this evening
Should I wait till tomorrow for the yeast or should I be ok?