Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > need opinion on pectic enzyme

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2012, 11:38 PM   #11
saramc
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 147 Times on 133 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougBrown View Post
I should have mentioned this when I submitted my message but I'm using wine kits, not fresh fruit. I've been making wine kits from RJSpagnols (their 6 week Cellar Classic and Cru Select wines) for many years and have been having filtering problems recently. My friend suggested the pectic enzyme as a remedy. I make lots of fruit wines too and have no problems with them.
Doug...are you leaving anything out when you make the kits, or tweaking them in any way? You mention you have been making this kits for many years so something is going on if you are now having trouble getting your wine to clear. Have you changed anything in your normal regimen? I know they likely asked these questions. I am not familiar with these kits, assuming they are 100% juice no water needs to be added? What fining agents come with these kits?

Motto: quel che sara sara

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply