Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > My walls are now blue

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2010, 08:18 PM   #1
CNYCOLDSNAKE
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default My walls are now blue

Hi guys

I have been brewing for like 3 months now. Done beer kits you help me out with them I made mead you again. Made some cider yup you guys were there. Things were going good for me I made one gal of blueberry wine this week end. I thought i did ok. I got home from work and as soon as I came in the house all I could smell was blueberry wine. The air lock blew off. Now part of my wall are blue wife is not happy with me se said to ask you guys how to clean it up so we are taking a poll to se if I should or if she should. Man it was good to see this stuff all over the walls. I have heard so much about this but now i get to see it. How far should I stick the blow off tube in the carboy

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2010, 02:48 AM   #2
truckjohn
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Good luck with that... I have had good luck with some of the carpet cleaner products like Resolve.... but some stains don't come out...

You have learned why we ferment in buckets covered with cheese cloth for the first few days.....

Thanks

John

Old 09-21-2010, 06:15 AM   #3
Tread82
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Try this.

http://www.austinhomebrew.com/produc...ducts_id=12274

Good luck!

Old 09-21-2010, 06:44 AM   #4
TomSD
Da Geek
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 15

http://www.homedepot.com/Paint

Johnson Controller rewire
| Keezer (FCM7SUWW) build | Love Controller box build | Soda Syrups/Concentrates

God is an imaginary friend for grownups., Walter Crewes (Morgan Freeman), The Big Bounce

Don't be afraid to ask dumb questions they're easier to handle than dumb mistakes!

Old 09-21-2010, 08:17 PM   #5
carrie_mt
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckjohn View Post
Good luck with that... I have had good luck with some of the carpet cleaner products like Resolve.... but some stains don't come out...

You have learned why we ferment in buckets covered with cheese cloth for the first few days.....

Thanks

John
Newbie here myself - I must like to learn the hard way because I thought I could skip the bucket and go straight to the carboy since I had the juice from the fruit. I *thought* I was taking a short cut...lol

I had rhubarb wine all over the walls... been there done that! I moved it to a bucket that night... By the time I get this all figured out I'll be a genius!

Quick Reply