Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > Moving homebrew

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2013, 05:02 PM   #11
DoctorCAD
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 44 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 1

My movers took 11 cases of my homebrew. They only have the "no alcohol" clause due to taxation laws. All they did was to make sure that the boxes were sealed and they stacked them where if a bottle broke, it wouldn't soak anything else.

It was a corporate move also, so I had no choice of movers.

Just because something CAN ferment, does not mean it SHOULD be fermented.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 04:28 PM   #12
mbbarnes
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Do plan on going back to Alaska for a visit or for work? You could leave some wine with a trusted friend for when you come back in a year or two. Then you would have a few bottles of aged fine wine waiting for you and bring some more back in your luggage.

Old 01-15-2013, 03:16 AM   #13
thoward77
Recipes 

Probably won't be back to the state anytime soon. And I would try to get the movers to take it, but like I said, the containers won't be temperature controlled and I don't want to freeze it all up. But I'm sure I can get enough of the important bottles with my free checked bags!

Primary: Mango Wine
Secondary: Lingonberry Wine
Bottled: Wee Heavy Scotch Ale

Old 01-15-2013, 12:56 PM   #14
FATC1TY
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 129 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoward77 View Post
Probably won't be back to the state anytime soon. And I would try to get the movers to take it, but like I said, the containers won't be temperature controlled and I don't want to freeze it all up. But I'm sure I can get enough of the important bottles with my free checked bags!
Wrap them good. There should be enough booze in them that they won't freeze anyways.

----------
Bubba's Backyard Brewery

Quick Reply