mojito wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brew-n-booze

Reaction score
so my wife gets this thing every weekend called boutiful baskets thats basically a bunch of fruit and vegis for cheap. anyway this week there was a buch of limes and mint........lightbulb! so here is my plan for a mojito wine:

4 limes
1 quart of mint leaves
2 lbs sugar
1/4 tsp tannin
1/4 tsp pectic enzyme
1 tsp yeast nutreint
1 pack of ec-1118

basically im gonna zest the limes, juice them, chopp the mint up, toss the zest and the mint in a straining bag and the lime juice in the primary. toss in the rest of the stuff and fill to a gallon then sprinkle on the yeast. what do ya'll think?

Sounds interesting, let us know how it turns out. Might want to add a little more lime juice so it's not mostly just sugar and water.

Not to shoot you down... but there have been a few experimentations with Lime based wine. They have not listed good results, search a bit for them. But hey, it sounds worth an experiment, be sure to let us know how it works. What I've seen some positive feedback on is using Skeeter Pee recipe, back sweeten/flavor with Lime, then I bet you could add Mint on it as well to get the Mojito. It's something I plan to try when working with different Pee flavorings

i was thinking of adding a can of white grape juice concentrate just to ensure that there is something other than just lime and mint leave for the yeast to have at.
thnx for the responses! i will probably start this tomorow. i will let you know how it turns out

I made the Twisted Mist Mojito kit. It has a "rum" flavoring agent that makes it taste like a Mojito. I don't think you will get that same "flavor" with just sugar, grape juice and water.

Back