Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > Mistake on first batch. Is it ruined?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2008, 02:01 AM   #1
sjorgensen
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Mistake on first batch. Is it ruined?

I just transfered my first white wine into its second secondary fermentor. It seemed like it was going to be very good. I wanted to add just a little priming sugar; just a teaspoon in 5 gallons. I saw some new bubbling action.

And then I looked down, and realised that I had put a teaspoon of One-Step No-Rinse Cleaner into my wine. AARRRRGGGG....

WHAT HAVE I DONE!

Is it a lost cause?

Thanks in advance,

Spence

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2008, 02:13 AM   #2
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 4280 Times on 3119 Posts
Likes Given: 825

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjorgensen View Post
I just transfered my first white wine into its second secondary fermentor. It seemed like it was going to be very good. I wanted to add just a little priming sugar; just a teaspoon in 5 gallons. I saw some new bubbling action.

And then I looked down, and realised that I had put a teaspoon of One-Step No-Rinse Cleaner into my wine. AARRRRGGGG....

WHAT HAVE I DONE!

Is it a lost cause?

Thanks in advance,

Spence
Well, a teaspoon of one-step won't kill anyone. Maybe you can't even taste it. Let it sit for a while, and the peroxide-y part of it may disapate.

Secondly, why would you put a teaspoon of priming sugar in it anyway? Leave it alone already!

Old 10-12-2008, 02:27 AM   #3
sjorgensen
Recipes 

Well, you are right. Everything was going fine. I only thought that I would see if there would be some fermentation activity if I added a little sugar. The wine was already so drinkable and not sweet and not dry. I shouldn't have done anything. I may have screwed up a wonderful batch. Thanks for your encouraging words. I'll just let it sit. It has only been about three weeks. I might have a pectin haze, but other than that everything was going very well until this screw up.

Thanks again,

Spence

Quick Reply