Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > Meat + wine + carboy = ?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2012, 01:33 PM   #21
wan2ride
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 4

You could try making a small amount of wort from hickory smoked malt and adding that.

I found Rogue Voodoo to be horrific, but a local brewery here makes a hickory porter called Hogwash that tastes wonderful. Straight up bacon and smoked BBQ pork.
The secret may be that they smoke the malt themselves.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 01:43 PM   #22
WoodHokie4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbeachroach View Post
Also just wondering what's the concerns on the fats? Seams like to me, that fats or oil on water would float and could be racked off.

Remember that fat is a hydrocarbon that is organic-soluble. And it may float in water, but you're adding fats to an alcohol/water solution. Ethanol is a hydrocarbon as well, and will likely allow the fats to dissolve into the solution. Creating the clear liquid that congeals in your throat like Yooper described.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper View Post
And then it happened. The fat in it, that I couldn't see, congealed on the back of my throat. And I gagged.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply