Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > Making Mango Wine (Advice)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2013, 06:46 PM   #1
TopHatCat
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Making Mango Wine (Advice)

Hello everyone!

I'm relatively new to brewing, having only just started my first batch of Cider.
However, getting into the hobby I am simply bubbling with ideas and the desire to explore and try new things!

As I understand it, Wine isn't that far a stretch from Cider... *hides from backlash* And would like to maybe move onto Wine as my next Project.

I love Mango. It is hands down my favorite fruit and I just cannot get enough of it, so. I'd love to try and make a Wine (or similar alcoholic beverage) using Mango juice!

I'd love to use afew cartons of Rubicon Mango Juice, because it is hands down my favorite and seems to lack the soapy flower perfume'y taste that many other Mango juices have. However I'm not sure if it'll be suitable for wine making, here are it's ingredients;
Water, Mango Puree (19%), Sugar, Citric Acid, Flavourings, Stabilisers (Guar Gum, Xanthan Gum), Vitamin C.
I don't see any Sulfates (though don't know all their names yet). But I have no idea if the Gums or Vit C or anything else will hamper the yeast, hence I thought I'd ask! If not, then I'll just have to juice some Mango's myself!

Apparently Mango Wine DOES exist (Thanks Google!) But I was wondering if anyone had any experience with it, as apparently it's quite hard to balance?

If anyone could give me any feedback, tips or advice I would GREATLY appreciate it!
Thanks ever so much for reading this.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2013, 07:25 PM   #2
TopHatCat
Recipes 

Aha~! Well managed to find a good recipe already.
http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/reques57.asp

Just wondering on the Mango Juice now..

Old 01-08-2014, 08:39 AM   #3
Atree22
Recipes 

Nice link I was thinking of adding a stick of cinnamon at racking and sweeten with honey

Old 01-08-2014, 06:22 PM   #4
lukebuz
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts

I made a mango wine, turned out delicious! Mine was 4lbs fresh mangos with 2lbs bananas for each gallon. Start with a 1.100 gravity, ferment to dryness, back sweeten as needed.
Yum Yum!

Quick Reply