New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > Looking for a large wine-press

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2012, 12:28 AM   #1
Delicieuxz
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Looking for a large wine-press

Hi, I'm looking for a large wine-press, such as the size as is seen in this youtube video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=kqpcs8Pwugk#t=42 s

The comments section says it's around 100 qt. Does anyone know where one can be ordered? Thanks.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2012, 01:45 AM   #2
saramc
Recipes 

Liked 144 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I like the presses offered at Homebrew Heaven. They carry a nice line of Czech presses, and they feel they beat Italian presses in quality(and $). Their prices are reasonable and shipping is realistic, plus they will help you should you have questions. Very nice to talk to. I tend to work alone and have neck/back issues and they helped me decide to buy the three gallon hydraulic press which works with a simple car jack. It is perfect for me!

But that ratchet press in the video definitely is not a 100 quart(25 gal) press. That looked to be maybe a six gallon press. You can find them at Midwest, EC Kraus, etc. Example: http://www.eckraus.com/r-30-double-ratchet-fruit-press.html Check your area Craigslist, etc. Some LHBS rent them and if you have a winemaking group in your area you may be able to borrow one.

Motto: quel che sara sara

Old 12-25-2012, 02:45 AM   #3
WVMJ
Recipes 

Liked 72 Times on 67 Posts
Likes Given: 20

http://www.pleasanthillgrain.com/fruit_press.aspx#maximizer The maximixer has a 9,5 gallon, the nice thing about this kind of press is that the screw does not extend down to the bottom of the press so you can put your fruit in pressing bags. You might want to consider a wine bladder press, some of the advertisers on here also carry those.

The problem with HomeBrewHeaven is that they only get one shipment of presses in a year, next one they said was in July.

Quick Reply