Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > Lemonade carbing itself in the carboy

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2012, 06:19 PM   #1
ErinRae
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Lemonade carbing itself in the carboy

I have a 5 gallon of hard cranberry fermenting in the carboy. I've stirred it tons to reduce the co2 but its still full of it. The gravity is under 1.000 and I was planning on bottling and carbing it. I'm worried about carbing it when there is so much carbonation already in it. Should I just skip the priming stage and bottle?

Daydreaming about......raspberry vanilla, wildberry mead
Brewing & Aging: Wildflower mead, Betrayal: A Stark Raving Cherry Mead
Bottled: sweet blueberry melomel, sparkling Cranberry/Blackberry melomel, fb apple cyser, wine, wine and more wine!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2012, 01:07 PM   #2
WilliamSlayer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 114 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinRae View Post
I have a 5 gallon of hard cranberry fermenting in the carboy. I've stirred it tons to reduce the co2 but its still full of it. The gravity is under 1.000 and I was planning on bottling and carbing it. I'm worried about carbing it when there is so much carbonation already in it. Should I just skip the priming stage and bottle?
This may have a few points to go, but I wouldn't change your carbing if its @ this gravity. Hope this helps!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply