Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > Kool-aid

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2012, 02:29 AM   #11
Honda88
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 49

jungle juice is so good, he isn't going to get anywhere close to everclear, that stuff is like cheap moonshine lol.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2012, 02:19 PM   #12
FredTheNuke
Recipes 

Liked 52 Times on 45 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Boones Farm!!!

Old 08-12-2012, 08:37 PM   #13
oogaboogachiefwalkingdeer
Recipes 

Liked 55 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Well it looked like there was no more activity so I racked it today. Sg is 1015 so it could have went farther. It is sweet not much alcohol taste but I never took a start gravity read. So today for the heck of it I made up a sugar water to 1100 added some nutrient and energizer and a little acid blend. I am going to let this get going real good for a week or so then add the koolade packs. The first batch has a real nice taste of peach but short on kick I think. I believe it would blend real well with skeeter mixes. I just sit it back in a gallon jug to lit it sit for later uses. Mike

Old 11-03-2013, 09:23 PM   #14
garfieldwithissuez
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I think I'm going to try and do a cider with a blue raspberry kool aid and see what I get. I'm sure I'll have to back sweeten though No big deal. If it works out I'll post here.

EDIT: Someone threw out all my yeast! *looking at mother in law who was at the house last week while I was out* And my 2 year old is sick so I can't run down to my LHBS tonight... Why me?

Old 11-03-2013, 11:24 PM   #15
neo71665
Recipes 

Liked 74 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 40

Next time MIL is over throw out her shoes, see if she gets the point.

Old 11-04-2013, 06:27 PM   #16
garfieldwithissuez
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I'll toss her e-reader, that'll do the trick. So I used a gallon of water, 2 cups of white table sugar, and some bread yeast last night and it's bubbling (slowly) today. I'm going to my LHBS today and picking up more good yeast and I'll be making my next batch of cider. I plan to add the Kool Aid on the second racking as I've heard if you add it before then the dye becomes suspended in the dead yeast and you love color.

Last edited by garfieldwithissuez; 11-04-2013 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Daughter hit Enter before I was done typing.

Old 05-22-2014, 09:27 PM   #17
justineaton
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I am making five gallons of this right now as a super cheap experiment. I am fermenting my sugar water without koolaid and then adding koolaid at the same time I stabilize and back sweeten. I want to make something like a wine cooler for the wine cooler drinking in laws when we go camping but I would need to carbonate it a bit and that's tricky with stabilizing and backsweeten. If I kegged it and after force carbing filed bottles with a beer gun from the keg would the koolaid damage or stain my equipment?

Old 05-29-2014, 04:08 PM   #18
Texconsinite
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 24

Nutrients?

Old 05-30-2014, 12:49 AM   #19
justineaton
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I added nutrients and yeast energizer

Old 05-30-2014, 12:58 AM   #20
wstbrewing
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by saramc View Post
I know people use the unsweetened KoolAid packet (that makes 2 quarts) to flavor their sweetened Skeeter Pee. I have talked to people who use 1 packet per gallon and others who use 2 packets per gallon--and they all enjoy the flavor.

Your recipe for KoolAid wine makes me think about a Canadian product called "Wonder Wine", http://www.wonderwine.com/, and commonly found on eBay. It is a powdered mix that you reconstitute with water, add sugar (so much for dry, so much for sweet) and add the yeast.

I find it interesting all the experiments we are willing to do--all in the name of winemaking. When my husband and I ventured into an area grocery store the day after Christmas I walked out with just about every box of chocolate covered cherries they had (the ones with the white gooey filling). He told me he did not even know I liked those. Told him they are okay but I then told him I was making wine from them. His response was "Seriously?". I am pleased to report I started that wine in late April and it cleared just this week, has a natural residual sugar, and is absolutely delicious!!! See--the strange things we do.

Keep us posted.
I would love the recipe on that chocolate covered cherry wine. Also, how did it come out? Any update?

Quick Reply