New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermeneter!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > Kit Wine

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2009, 08:09 PM   #11
Steelers77
Vendor
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 50 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Just do what we do, get a crusher, a wine press and 3 tons of grapes. You'll be good to go. HAHA have fun

Get your hops, 85 varieties starting at $.75/oz!

Accuflex Bev Seal Ultra in stock now!

Farmhousebrewingsupply.com

http://farmhousebrewingsupply.com

https://www.facebook.com/Farmhousebrewingsupply

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2009, 08:35 PM   #12
Buffman
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVD_X View Post
FYI - it's very important that you get EVERY drop of juice out of the bag. I strongly recommend you use distilled water for your top-up.
Thanks for the tips. Why distilled water? I was planning to use filtered tap water. It tastes good and I use it for brewing, so I figure it's fine for wine.

Old 11-26-2009, 11:14 AM   #13
Teromous
Beer Gnome
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 197 Times on 133 Posts
Likes Given: 44

Thanks for the advice guys! Actually Northernbrewer is one of the places that I've been looking at, as they seem to have a good selection. I've considered pressing, but I'm not sure if I could get quality grapes in Virginia. I planted a couple of vines in my yard last year just to eat, but I don't think they'll yield enough to press.

On a side note, I know that I mentioned Red Wine but my favorite is White Ice Wine. I was thinking about making some of this as well. The first time I had it a lady explained to me how the grapes were harvested with frost on the grapes and pressed while still semi-frozen. I wasn't brewing at the time so I never asked if there was anything different in the fermentation process. Do any of you have experience in making Ice Wine?
I was wondering if there was a particular wine yeast that works best in leaving some residual sweetness in dessert wines.

Quick Reply