Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > juice from concentrate

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2010, 01:59 AM   #11
CandleWineProject
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islandboy85 View Post
Topping it up later will probably be my best bet. Besides, it has been happily bubbling away for the last sixteen hours. Why spoil a good thing. (I love to watch my brew ferment)
Oh, it is fun to watch a ferment.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2010, 02:15 AM   #12
Emerald
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

I know what ya mean about watching it ferment- that first stage with the little yeast colonies floating up and down like a weird lava lamp! If you put raisins in they tend to float up and down for the first few days too! like little wrinkled submarines! Then the little blup, blup, blup coming from the airlocks. I guess I am easily entertained!

Old 01-08-2010, 03:09 AM   #13
Hinermad
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald View Post
I know what ya mean about watching it ferment- that first stage with the little yeast colonies floating up and down like a weird lava lamp! If you put raisins in they tend to float up and down for the first few days too! like little wrinkled submarines! Then the little blup, blup, blup coming from the airlocks. I guess I am easily entertained!
Hmmm, sounds like a night light I should design and sell. Look for it at finer local homebrew and Target stores everywhere!

Dave

Old 01-09-2010, 01:28 AM   #14
Islandboy85
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Ok, so I racked to my secondary and ended up adding one can of welches concentrate. I figure it will add a tad under 160 grams of sugar. How do I figure that into my specific gravity readings now? Obviously my reading will go up, but now I don't know how to figure out my alcohol content. Do I add the difference it went up to my original gravity reading?

Quick Reply