Wash golden raisins before you use them.
When I went to buy golden raisins to use with a wine recipe I noticed that all the golden raisins had sulfer dioxide as an ingredient (which is used to keep the raisins golden). I bought and then washed a pound of Trader Joe's gold raisins and then a pound of Sunmaid raisins. The Trader Joe's raisins turned the water in the sink a nasty cloudy gray color (and took 3 soakings to get clean), while very little washed off of the Sunmaid raisins. It may not be harmful, but I have to believe that that much stuff washing off the raisins would have to change the wine flavor in some way.