Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > India Chai Spice Wine

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2008, 04:52 AM   #1
Brew-Happy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default India Chai Spice Wine

Getting started with fermenting, I decided to try with what I had available in the pantry. So I steeped 4 bags of chai spiced tea in ~1L of hot water then threw it into a 2L boiling flask. Then added a handful of raisins and 2 cups of sugar. Then topped off with boiled water and cooled. Pitched some bakers yeast(all I had at the time) then fermented for a week.

Racked for another 2 weeks then bottled for 1 month.

I opened it tonight after chilling and I must say it is not that bad. It has a sweetness on the front end and a dry bite aftertaste from the cinnamon. I want to do this again but with grape concentrate.

It does have a yeasty flavor but I expected that. I will have a packet of dry yeast from my first batch of beer and hope to use that instead.

FYI, I was curious if the caffeine would carry through the whole process. Well, I am typing this close to 1am which confirms for me that caffeine is there

Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2003!!! Whoop!

Quote:
Now, Harry you must know all about Muggles, tell me, what exactly is the function of a rubber duck?
- Arthur Weasley

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply