Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > I tried Edworts Apfelwein...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2008, 05:52 PM   #1
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2248 Times on 1605 Posts
Likes Given: 1234

Default I tried Edworts Apfelwein...

I made up a gallon of Apfelwein a few weeks ago, and bottled it two days ago in 8 oz glass Coke bottles. Listen in as I sample it!

"ok, all the bottles are filled, only a little bit left in that last one. I guess that's my sample."

takes a drink

"Hmmm... can't taste anything...."

Hmmm... maybe a bit of apple there at the end.

takes another drink

"Yes, definitely some apple in there. Not very tart, not very sweet. maybe over some ice?"

Opens another bottle pours over ice.

takes another drink.

"Not bad, but I wonder if some Sierra Mist can give it a bit more sweet..."

Adds a dash of Sierra Mist.

"Hmm... sweeter, but not sure if sweeter is better."

drinks rest of bottle. Looks at remaining bottles. Wonders how they will ever last until another batch is ready!

I had another bottle last night, reading to the kids. I can say that the taste is subtle, clean, and actually pretty refreshing! I have not given it out to anyone to taste, other than my wife, so I dont' know how well, this would be received. My wife said it isn't bad, but she really doesn't drink wine, and if she did, it would be a cheap sweet wine, like Arbor Mist (is that even wine?).

I could stand to up the alcohol a little. I didn't add any sugar because I didnt' want it too hot, but I think it's pretty tame, so I might add a pound or two next time.

I think I better get a 5 Gallon carboy set up with some more pretty soon!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2008, 08:54 PM   #2
Donasay
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

The sugar adds a nice kick, if you want it sweet, you can back sweeten with glycerine.

No matter how rich you are, you can still only drink 16 or 17 liters of beer a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quixotic View Post
The true definition of an addiction: not stopping even when a dog is having his way with you.:D
http://www.solutionsinmetal.com/

Old 07-03-2008, 12:53 PM   #3
jay415
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homercidal View Post
I made up a gallon of Apfelwein a few weeks ago, and bottled it two days ago in 8 oz glass Coke bottles. Listen in as I sample it!

"ok, all the bottles are filled, only a little bit left in that last one. I guess that's my sample."

takes a drink

"Hmmm... can't taste anything...."

Hmmm... maybe a bit of apple there at the end.

takes another drink

"Yes, definitely some apple in there. Not very tart, not very sweet. maybe over some ice?"

Opens another bottle pours over ice.

takes another drink.

"Not bad, but I wonder if some Sierra Mist can give it a bit more sweet..."

Adds a dash of Sierra Mist.

"Hmm... sweeter, but not sure if sweeter is better."

drinks rest of bottle. Looks at remaining bottles. Wonders how they will ever last until another batch is ready!

I had another bottle last night, reading to the kids. I can say that the taste is subtle, clean, and actually pretty refreshing! I have not given it out to anyone to taste, other than my wife, so I dont' know how well, this would be received. My wife said it isn't bad, but she really doesn't drink wine, and if she did, it would be a cheap sweet wine, like Arbor Mist (is that even wine?).

I could stand to up the alcohol a little. I didn't add any sugar because I didnt' want it too hot, but I think it's pretty tame, so I might add a pound or two next time.

I think I better get a 5 Gallon carboy set up with some more pretty soon!
ok 3 1/2 months later, whats your outlook now?

Quick Reply