Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > I think I want to give wine a shot...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2009, 07:07 PM   #111
Glibbidy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 2

This is a great thread for a beginner. It's rather thorough. I book marked it ages ago for whenever I get around to making wine.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2009, 05:11 AM   #112
T-rags
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Yup, all it needs now is THE HAPPY ENDING. So guys, how did your wine come out????

Old 10-23-2009, 10:06 PM   #113
Walker
I use secondaries. :p
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 89 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 11

looking through some of my old threads (trying to recover recipes that I lost due to a recent harddrive death)...

The Merlot I made that started this thread is excellent. SWMBO and I had the cheesey romantic idea that we would keep all of the bottles, opening one one every year on our anniversary.

We opened a few along the way so far to monitor how it was progressing, and we decided that, though it was good, it was not going to be something that became magnicifent over time, so we started going through it faster (opening one here and there, giving some to friends, etc).

We opened one for our anniversary in September (after not opening any for 6 or 7 months) and found that it had changed a lot. It was really REALLY good.

Now we're wishing we hadn't given so much away.

Quick Reply