Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > i know it's probably been covered....

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2013, 07:47 PM   #11
MzAnnie
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVMJ View Post
Lots of people make good wine from Welches concord and Niagra, I like to get most of the sugar from the concentrate cans, up to a point you can add more than what is required to make a grape drink, but if you go to far the acids will become high, but since its tartaric it can be cold precipitated out or you can even do a little MLF. We got carried away on our last batch and had to do both and I think its not only good but great. Add a little oak. Now you have a good wine, or even a great wine, its your taste that matters. WVMJ
Loved your elderberry farm. We planted four elderberries, the birds gave us quite a few more, and we abscond from the side of the road, by tying ribbons and sheer curtains over the "pre-berries". I learned about elderberries (jelly and uncle's wine) in my youth, in Michigan. Now I live in Southern Mississippi and no one here even knows about them and there are bazillions!!! Anyway, didn't mean to hijack a post, just thought I would let you know what a cool farm you have!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply