The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > How long.........

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2009, 07:13 PM   #1
VinoD
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default How long.........

...can I reasonably expect my bottled wines to keep??

This is my 2nd year at winemaking and I've had overwhelmingly good successes. Last year I did blueberry, blackberry, red raspberry, elderberry and yellow pear tomato in gallon batches. Currently, this year, I have done a 5 gal. each of blueberry, strawberry and peach. Oddly enough, I drink very little wine. I do give some away. It's just so darned fun to make. I add sorbate and sulfite to my finished product then bottle and cork with Nomacorc.

How long should I expect my wines to stay good in a 60-65 degree, semi dark storage area?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2009, 10:34 PM   #2
pulpfiction32
Recipes 

Im in Lancaster, If you dont drink much

I would be happy to take some bottles

off your hands

Old 09-27-2009, 12:51 AM   #3
VinoD
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulpfiction32 View Post
Im in Lancaster, If you dont drink much

I would be happy to take some bottles

off your hands
Thanks for volunteering.

Actually........I've delivered a couple bottles to York (Dallastown). Probably be down that way again in the late winter/early spring. Be happy to hook up & do a bottle swap.

Quick Reply