Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > How fast do potassium sorbate and camden tablets work?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2009, 02:47 PM   #1
Ryan
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default How fast do potassium sorbate and camden tablets work?

Pretty much the topic. I have a mead that I am about to rack to secondary. In secondary, I am going to add blueberries, vanilla beans, and more honey. I don't want the yeast to ferment any of the sugar I am adding.

So my question is should I add the p. sorbate and camden tablets into the primary and give it a few days to halt fermentation and then rack? Or just rack on top of the sorbate and camden tablets?

Also, Should I mix this stuff with water first or just add the powder into the carboy?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2009, 03:35 PM   #2
mmadmikes1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

They will not stop active fermentation, just prevent new. If it is nt finished and you add ferment-able sugars it will start again.If you get a consistent reading with Hydrometer for 3 days in a row, then add campden and sorbate. I would wait 24hours after adding stabilizers before sweetening

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply