harvest season is here, what are you making from fruit? :)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobWalker

Reaction score
Yup. The bushes are bursting with ripe and juicy fruit ready for picking, so are you planning to make anything? I'm off up the fields soon to grab ingredients for blackberry wine and sloe gin :)

Just picked 25lbs of cherries for some cherry wine

Let's see. Plum wine, crabapple wine, chokecherry wine, sour cherry wine, blackberry wine, apple wine, blueberry wine (maybe), and rhubarb from rhubarb I stuck in the freezer this spring.

No flower wines this year, no raspberry wine, and no tomato wine this year.

Got 5 gallons of blackberry and at least a gallon of elderberry is in the works. I have a few pear trees that have quite a bit of fruit on them but they are not ready yet:mug:

I have 9 gallons which includes the berries of blackberry wine, hopefully it will end up being five gallons or so of wine. Tomorrow I am picking some peaches from a friends tree for a peach mead.

Hey everyone, I've got 3 gal plum, 1 gal strawberry Meade, 2 1/2 gal blueberry port and 1 gal strawberry/ blueberry wine all from this year. I also have 1 1/2 gal pear wine aging from last fall. Also 2 kits going a 6 gal Trio Blanca and 3 gal chocolate strawberry port.

running out of freezer room(no chest freezer and swmbo says no on one as we are leaving soon) I still have 15lb of red currants and about 12lb of blueberries in the freezer as well as 3lb of rhubarb. w8tin on my 20g of beer to be done and free up some fermenters as i was told that i had enough gear :(

I've got a wall of blackberries next to my house and now that I'm in to making cider I think I may need to try something with a pile of blackberries!

Any suggestions on a blackberry wine or blackberry port (I'd love to try a gallon or so of both)?

Thanks!!!

the blueberries have finished up...did two styles of fullbodied blueberry wine...one with champange yeast and another in RC 212. Very different tastes, (same recipe),and looks the later is more colorful....right now the wine is a knockout. Wondering if I should Oak or not...

Got a raspberry and a blackberry going. Will be hunting for or buying blueberries soon - also reserving space for elderberries. Wild berries are late this year. Already made a long trip only to find the blueberries still green.

~ 40lbs of Elderberries for wine, I think I have enough with from last years frozen leftovers for 2x 5gal batches. Need some time to process it all.

Currently 5gal's of Blueberry wine going right now as well.
Hoping to source some local "wild" grapes.

3 gallons of edelweiss grapes! 4gallons of mixed concentrate juices from store! 6gallons of Seckel pears!! Waiting to make 5 more gallons of pear wine, fermenting buckets are full!! Love harvest time!

Back