Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > Hard Lemonade yeast Choices

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2008, 09:02 PM   #1
Toivo
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Hard Lemonade yeast Choices

I want to make a gallon batch of Hard cranberry hard lemonade but don't know what yeast to use. My local LBSH has these choices Montrachet, Premiier Curvee or Lavin 1118. I am going to use 1 can on cranberyy concentrate and 2 cans of lemonade along with sugar with this batch. The next batch I want to try with DME.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Chris

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2008, 02:35 AM   #2
Chriso
Broken Robot Brewing Co.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 72 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 127

Either the Montrachet or the Lalvin is fine. But you might want to look at something slightly different. If I may make a suggestion, try combining the concentrates you have with some apple juice a'la EdWort's Apfelwein. http://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=14860

I KNOW there are a ton of posts in that thread, I'm sorry. But as you read through, there are a TON of variants posted and linked to that are all interesting takes on an inexpensive, tasty, apple-juice based cider that is very easy to make and turns out great.

Also http://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=29532 is a non-apple concentrate-lemonade based recipe like what you are describing.

Good luck

Chriso || SMaSH Brewers, Unite! || Nebraska Brewers! || Lincoln Lagers Brew Club
"You have just experienced the paradigm shift that is....all grain brewing." - BierMuncher

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply