Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > Grape Concentrate

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2006, 04:07 PM   #1
Keln
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Grape Concentrate

How long does this stuff last generally from these wine making kits? It's in a metallic bag and has no expiration dates whatsoever on it.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2006, 12:00 AM   #2
david_42

Recipes 

Liked 132 Times on 125 Posts

Is it a sterile pack? If so, probably a year or two if you keep it cool.

Remember one unassailable statistic, as explained by the late, great George Carlin: "Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!"

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Old 05-07-2006, 12:41 PM   #3
Keln
Recipes 

Yes, it's sterile pure concentrate I believe. I went ahead and used in yesterday to make a new batch of chardonnay. I tested the juice first. It had a good smell and a good sweet taste. A bit dark for white grape juice I think, but it was concentrate and it wasn't totally dark. I'd say it was good. Only other thing I was worried about was the yeast, which was a couple months past it's exp date on the package. I was impatient so I didn't go to the store and just used the old stuff. It's bubbling really nicely this morning, so I think I'm alright.

Old 05-14-2006, 07:59 PM   #4
Keln
Recipes 

Well, according to instructions I am supposed to go to secondary in a couple days. But this wine is still bubbling alot, so should I wait until it slows assuming it doesn't in two days? What would be ideal for "slowed" down enough? 1 blip in the airlock per 30 secs? It's about 1/ 8-10 secs now.

Primary: Empty
#6001 Chardonnay
#6002 JAO Mead
#6003 Traditional Cider

Quick Reply