Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > gooseberry wine

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2013, 01:14 AM   #11
jkrug
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks to everyone for the help and advice. Using pantyhose as filter worked great. Any advise on what to top up with.? Can't find gooseberry juice. Prefer to not use water as to take away from body or flavor. Any advice appreciated.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 01:19 AM   #12
novalou
Recipes 

Liked 35 Times on 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrug
Thanks to everyone for the help and advice. Using pantyhose as filter worked great. Any advise on what to top up with.? Can't find gooseberry juice. Prefer to not use water as to take away from body or flavor. Any advice appreciated.
Grape juice, blueberry juice, pommograte juice.....

Old 05-31-2013, 01:21 AM   #13
tokerlund
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts

The neighbor had three gooseberry bushes he was giving away. Somebody had passed them on to him thinking they were grape vines. I snapped them right up and planted them (a little too close to each other) in the back yard. I had to go and fish out a bottle of the Beta Grape wine I made from the 8 lbs of grapes he gave me off his vine last year to say thanks. Just to keep it coming I added a bottle of my plum wine and a 750 bottle of my Whiskey Barrel Ale.

So. . . never having eaten a gooseberry, I am very curious how your wine turned out.

Quick Reply