The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > Good Christmas

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2010, 02:56 PM   #1
Reaver
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Good Christmas

Mother-in-law pulled out the sewing machine and whipped up a couple Carboy Snuggies out of Double Thick Fleece for me. Took her 1 hour to pattern and sew 2 of them. Fit nicely and long enough to take the 6.5 gal. and can be trimmed for 5gal's. Does a great job keeping the light out. And it sure didn't cost $16 for one!

Women are like yeast... You gotta keep them at the right temperature if you want to get anything out of them!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2010, 11:27 PM   #2
shanecb
Kvlt Brewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Looks pretty snazzy!

We are the Sons of Winter and Stars
We ́ve come from a far beyond time
Forever the fire burns in our hearts
Our world shall never die
- Wintersun

Old 12-26-2010, 01:17 AM   #4
Reaver
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Nope... that was me (out of a tube) since I cooked Christmas Breakfast here. We have the first (Great)Grandchild. So we have our parents here, and my Grandparents came down as well.
I told her what they go for at the LHBS and she wants me to take orders. She'll gladly knock out a few for people, that might be interested. Anyone know what they go for in your areas?

Women are like yeast... You gotta keep them at the right temperature if you want to get anything out of them!

Old 12-26-2010, 04:34 PM   #5
Rossnaree
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Hey, Reaver, I used to go through Saratoga at least 3 times a week up until about 4 years ago. Beautiful region.

I got a (nother) carboy and a Dortmunder kit!! Can't wait!!

Some knowledge will never be shared, not from a desire to conceal it, but because it is so common to the individual that it is assumed to be already known.

Primary: Chardonel
Secondary: Apfelwein, Chambourcin, Blackstone Pond American Ale, King of the North, Concord, 2nd wine from pulp of both
Bottled: Bavarian Hefeweizen, Dortmunder, King of the North (2010), Apfelwein (2010), Lesser Wilderness Mead (2010), King of the North (2nd wine - 2010)

Old 12-26-2010, 05:03 PM   #6
Reaver
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Rossnaree, Yep I've been here most of my life. I love it here. I had seen your "location" by reading other posts and saw that you were from more CNY. My In-Laws are from Oswego and I'm out there frequently. I will be headed that way on Wed.

Old 01-04-2011, 02:50 AM   #7
Captive
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

That's a nice snuggly looking cover. Nice gift that anyone would love. If you didn't get any for Christmas and want to whip up your own easily, you can do what I've come up with. It's also earth friendly recycling:

Quick Reply