Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > Gewurztraminer mess up

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2012, 02:01 PM   #1
Joeyboy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Gewurztraminer mess up

I’m taking a stab at my first wine kit. I focused on the first part of the instructions more then the rest based on I just started the kit 10 days ago. Here’s my dilemma, my kit calls for “F” bag (additional liquid juice concentrate bag) to be added with the stabilization and I added it with the primary fermentation. I did my first rack last night, gravity being where it should, and further read the instructions to brief myself and become familiar with the rest of the process. It said not to add it yet. Did I ruin my batch? It’s a Vintners Reserve kit.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2012, 02:17 PM   #2
Mrbrownfolks
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

It's likely that the "f" bag was some fruit additive added to secondary to retain more of the "fruity" properties. Your wine should be fine but probably a bit drier that it would have been.

Old 01-05-2012, 04:25 PM   #3
DoctorCAD
Recipes 

Liked 40 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 1

F pack is just sweetened concentrate and some stabilizers. They make the finished wine sweet, your yeast probably ate up all the extra sugar in the F pack, so it might be less sweet. You could always add wine conditioner at the end.

Quick Reply