Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > Full Hard Lemonade recipe

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2012, 07:28 PM   #21
jlh42581
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Its probably a word mixup, doesnt matter if you ferment in a bucket or a carboy, just pick something relative to the size of the batch and roll. I ferment my 1 gallon batches in glass carboys and my 5 gallons in a bucket then transfer to better bottle secondaries.

Primary -Blackberry
Bottled Recent - Hard Cider

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2012, 08:45 PM   #22
MoBrewing
Recipes 

When do you transfer to secondary? Also after you add the lemon/sugar/sorbate solution with the lemonade is it ready to bottle right away, or does it have to sit awhile?

Old 10-17-2012, 12:25 PM   #23
jlh42581
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I went to secondary with mine about 3 days after active fermentation stopped. I sorbated it, backsweetened then let it sit for another 2-3 days to make sure it wasnt going to carb up again and then bottled. It was no more than 3 weeks start to finish. However, I felt like mine needed to age. I drank one bottle that sat for a three weeks and mixed it with another can of concentrate. It was really sour but good, I actually acid burned my tongue. Anyhow, I havent touched it since. I have a small sample sitting in my fridge in a stainless water bottle. Tasted that the other day and I am not sure if its the stainless, time or what but its getting better for sure.

Everyone says drink skeeter pee young, but this isnt exactly skeeter pee and to me, time does it a favor.

Primary -Blackberry

Old 10-17-2012, 12:30 PM   #24
jlh42581
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I will say, next time I might let it sit longer on the yeast and see if they clean it up a little more.

Primary -Blackberry

Old 10-17-2012, 01:19 PM   #25
saramc
Recipes 

Liked 146 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 1

[quote="MoBrewing"]When do you transfer to secondary? Also after you add the lemon/sugar/sorbate solution with the lemonade is it ready to bottle right away, or does it have to sit awhile?[/quote]

You definitely want to allow some wait time, seven days is my minumum, after stabilizing and backsweetening and returning to airlock. Then rack one final time if you see sediment, then bottle or bulk age, etc. I prefer aged SkeeterPee, currently have five gallons that was made in April....absolutely delicious now. I loved it at 60 days, but the difference now is...wow!!

Looking forward to trying this recipe.

Question: The lemonade concentrate called for in recipe is the frozen style, similar in size to juice cans, 11.5oz-12oz in size? If not, what is the size of the concentrate being used?

Motto: quel che sara sara

Old 10-17-2012, 02:12 PM   #26
saramc
Recipes 

Liked 146 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthatguy
I was wondering if it is possible to make this with fresh lemon juice and not concentrate, if so does anyone know how many lemons are equal to a can of concentrate.
If you use lemon juice or concentrate you will need to augment with sugar, preferably an invert simple syrup, simply because the lemonade concentrate already has sugar in it. Otherwise you will have a low ACV.

Motto: quel che sara sara

Old 10-17-2012, 02:14 PM   #27
MoBrewing
Recipes 

Thanks for all the help, definitely going to try this recipe.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:13 PM   #28
bknifefight
Recipes 

Liked 95 Times on 73 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Lemonade is cloudy to begin with. Follow the recipe as is and don't use secondary. Add the mixture on bottling day, as it is listed in the instructions under "bottling day." Everything will be fine.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:39 PM   #29
bdharstad
Recipes 

I will have to try this one!

Old 01-07-2013, 05:32 PM   #30
MzAnnie
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 65

Once you do this recipe, step out of the box. My husband WAS a hard core beer drinker, and I, a hardcore whiskey drinker. We quit for a while, then started making wine because I couldn't possibly make any more jelly, to consume in this lifetime. Keep good notes and try different combinations. He won't drink anything other than homemade wine, neither will I. It is a good hobby with excellent rewards. You might find that your husband will try anything, and will even drink the most horrid mistakes!

Quick Reply