Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > Full Hard Lemonade recipe

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2013, 08:33 PM   #171
sfrisby
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 12 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 261 Times on 174 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingogames
Sorbate doesn't kill the yeast, it just prevents the ones that are there from reproducing, so the one that are already there will eat on the sugar until they die, which is why mine carbonated a little even with the sorbate, not enough to bomb out though.
What's the difference between adding sorbate and adding sorbate AND camden? Thanks.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2013, 02:15 AM   #172
sfrisby

Recipes 

Drinking my own now with a bit of a twist. Instead of pouring over ice, juice some oranges and freeze in an ice tray. Add a cube or two and stir as it melts. Good stuff.

Old 08-17-2013, 01:51 AM   #173
Paschendale
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfrisby View Post
Drinking my own now with a bit of a twist. Instead of pouring over ice, juice some oranges and freeze in an ice tray. Add a cube or two and stir as it melts. Good stuff.
That sounds tasty as hell!

"When these things happen, everybody always says 'These things happen', and that's why they happen." - Mrs. Marcus

Old 08-19-2013, 12:38 AM   #174
kingogames
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 114

I need to make this again. Still too hot, but next month, it will be my first brew out the gate. Want it to be ready for next summer. This year's batch went waaaay too fast!

Definately going to try that orange ice cube idea!!!

Old 08-20-2013, 12:49 AM   #175
MusicalBrewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

I just made a batch of this last Wednesday. OG was 1.064. I only had about 48 hours of airlock activity with 24 hours of really strong activity. I decided to check the gravity today to see how it was doing. It's down to 1.001 already--in just 5 days.

I've brewed about 10 batches of beer, but no wine. I'm unfamiliar with EC-1118 yeast. Do i need to let this sit the full 14 days? I'm content with the 8.3% ABV it currently has. I'm not planning on using the potassium sorbate. I want to bottle it, get some carbonation, then bottle pasteurize.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Old 08-20-2013, 05:30 PM   #176
paulster2626
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 334 Times on 223 Posts
Likes Given: 559

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicalBrewer View Post
I just made a batch of this last Wednesday. OG was 1.064. I only had about 48 hours of airlock activity with 24 hours of really strong activity. I decided to check the gravity today to see how it was doing. It's down to 1.001 already--in just 5 days.

I've brewed about 10 batches of beer, but no wine. I'm unfamiliar with EC-1118 yeast. Do i need to let this sit the full 14 days? I'm content with the 8.3% ABV it currently has. I'm not planning on using the potassium sorbate. I want to bottle it, get some carbonation, then bottle pasteurize.

Thanks in advance for your help!
It might go lower, to 0.998 or so. If it tastes good, then add your sugar, bottle it up, and pasteurize when ready. No sense waiting for something to finish when it's already finished.

Old 08-21-2013, 04:31 AM   #177
MusicalBrewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Well I decided to bottle this up tonight, after just 7 days of fermentation. I'm on my 3rd glass and this is a fantastic drink! Very dangerous! Can't wait to see what it's like with a little carbonation...just over ice is great.

Old 09-21-2013, 01:30 PM   #178
Hollyberries4343
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckalope View Post
Update, it turned out great! I carbed it up in the bottles and stovetop pasteurized. Perfect bubble, great taste too. This stuff is strong, very dangerous, I had 4 last night and I was feeling really good, lol. Thank you for a great recipe!
How did you do this! I want to try....if you can be specific I would appreciate it, this will be my first brew....thanks in advance!

Update, it turned out great! I carbed it up in the bottles and stovetop pasteurized. Perfect bubble, great taste too. This stuff is strong, very dangerous, I had 4 last night and I was feeling really good, lol. Thank you for a great recipe!

Old 09-21-2013, 02:08 PM   #179
sfrisby

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollyberries4343
How did you do this! I want to try....if you can be specific I would appreciate it, this will be my first brew....thanks in advance!

Search the stickies for Stovetop Pastuerization. All the details and pictures you will need.

Old 09-22-2013, 11:31 AM   #180
Hollyberries4343
Recipes 

Thank you, I found it!

Quick Reply