Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!


Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > Full Hard Lemonade recipe
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2013, 08:33 PM   #171
sfrisby
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
 
sfrisby's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,727
Liked 261 Times on 174 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingogames
Sorbate doesn't kill the yeast, it just prevents the ones that are there from reproducing, so the one that are already there will eat on the sugar until they die, which is why mine carbonated a little even with the sorbate, not enough to bomb out though.
What's the difference between adding sorbate and adding sorbate AND camden? Thanks.
__________________
sfrisby is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2013, 02:15 AM   #172
sfrisby
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
 
sfrisby's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,727
Liked 261 Times on 174 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Drinking my own now with a bit of a twist. Instead of pouring over ice, juice some oranges and freeze in an ice tray. Add a cube or two and stir as it melts. Good stuff.

__________________
sfrisby is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2013, 01:51 AM   #173
Paschendale
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Mount Olive, MS
Posts: 161
Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfrisby View Post
Drinking my own now with a bit of a twist. Instead of pouring over ice, juice some oranges and freeze in an ice tray. Add a cube or two and stir as it melts. Good stuff.
That sounds tasty as hell!
__________________

"When these things happen, everybody always says 'These things happen', and that's why they happen." - Mrs. Marcus

Paschendale is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2013, 12:38 AM   #174
kingogames
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 153
Liked 14 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 114

Default

I need to make this again. Still too hot, but next month, it will be my first brew out the gate. Want it to be ready for next summer. This year's batch went waaaay too fast!

Definately going to try that orange ice cube idea!!!

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger_M View Post
I dont judge the beer drinker for what he drinks but more for what he wont drink.
kingogames is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2013, 12:49 AM   #175
MusicalBrewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Greeley, Colorado
Posts: 87
Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

I just made a batch of this last Wednesday. OG was 1.064. I only had about 48 hours of airlock activity with 24 hours of really strong activity. I decided to check the gravity today to see how it was doing. It's down to 1.001 already--in just 5 days.

I've brewed about 10 batches of beer, but no wine. I'm unfamiliar with EC-1118 yeast. Do i need to let this sit the full 14 days? I'm content with the 8.3% ABV it currently has. I'm not planning on using the potassium sorbate. I want to bottle it, get some carbonation, then bottle pasteurize.

Thanks in advance for your help!

__________________
MusicalBrewer is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2013, 05:30 PM   #176
paulster2626
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
paulster2626's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,857
Liked 334 Times on 223 Posts
Likes Given: 559

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicalBrewer View Post
I just made a batch of this last Wednesday. OG was 1.064. I only had about 48 hours of airlock activity with 24 hours of really strong activity. I decided to check the gravity today to see how it was doing. It's down to 1.001 already--in just 5 days.

I've brewed about 10 batches of beer, but no wine. I'm unfamiliar with EC-1118 yeast. Do i need to let this sit the full 14 days? I'm content with the 8.3% ABV it currently has. I'm not planning on using the potassium sorbate. I want to bottle it, get some carbonation, then bottle pasteurize.

Thanks in advance for your help!
It might go lower, to 0.998 or so. If it tastes good, then add your sugar, bottle it up, and pasteurize when ready. No sense waiting for something to finish when it's already finished.
__________________
paulster2626 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2013, 04:31 AM   #177
MusicalBrewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Greeley, Colorado
Posts: 87
Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Well I decided to bottle this up tonight, after just 7 days of fermentation. I'm on my 3rd glass and this is a fantastic drink! Very dangerous! Can't wait to see what it's like with a little carbonation...just over ice is great.

__________________
MusicalBrewer is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2013, 01:30 PM   #178
Hollyberries4343
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckalope View Post
Update, it turned out great! I carbed it up in the bottles and stovetop pasteurized. Perfect bubble, great taste too. This stuff is strong, very dangerous, I had 4 last night and I was feeling really good, lol. Thank you for a great recipe!
How did you do this! I want to try....if you can be specific I would appreciate it, this will be my first brew....thanks in advance!

Update, it turned out great! I carbed it up in the bottles and stovetop pasteurized. Perfect bubble, great taste too. This stuff is strong, very dangerous, I had 4 last night and I was feeling really good, lol. Thank you for a great recipe!
__________________
Hollyberries4343 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2013, 02:08 PM   #179
sfrisby
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
 
sfrisby's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,727
Liked 261 Times on 174 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollyberries4343
How did you do this! I want to try....if you can be specific I would appreciate it, this will be my first brew....thanks in advance!

Update, it turned out great! I carbed it up in the bottles and stovetop pasteurized. Perfect bubble, great taste too. This stuff is strong, very dangerous, I had 4 last night and I was feeling really good, lol. Thank you for a great recipe!
Search the stickies for Stovetop Pastuerization. All the details and pictures you will need.
__________________
sfrisby is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2013, 11:31 AM   #180
Hollyberries4343
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 8
Default

Thank you, I found it!

__________________
Hollyberries4343 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply



Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best easy hard lemonade recipe? HoboBrewing Wine Making Forum 21 09-10-2013 10:55 AM
Hard Lemonade with 7-up guscampag Wine Making Forum 5 06-06-2012 06:11 PM
Hard lemonade w/ no activity nitsuj80 Wine Making Forum 13 06-11-2011 11:30 AM
Hard lemonade with no activity nitsuj80 Wine Making Forum 5 05-08-2011 10:01 PM
Check My Hard Lemonade Recipe PLZ gcrisler Wine Making Forum 2 06-29-2010 10:45 AM



Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS