Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > Full Hard Lemonade recipe

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2013, 08:55 PM   #141
NivekD
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Made this and bottled today...WOW...this stuff is good. Perfect over ice. Used 5 cups of sugar at the end and it's perfect.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2013, 05:31 AM   #142
lumpy5oh
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 7

In the process of making this now. SWMBO hates everything that tastes of alcohol. Hopefully she will like this.

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for much, but bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Old 07-15-2013, 07:19 PM   #143
mitchmcq
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nianticcardplayer View Post
Read the entire thread has anyone done a raspberry or strawberry lemonade using the concentrates and what ratios have you used ?
I just finished a batch of cranberry lemonade. I used cranberry juice instead of water. It was a huge hit.

Old 07-25-2013, 05:03 PM   #144
gt_andy
Recipes 

Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpy5oh View Post
In the process of making this now. SWMBO hates everything that tastes of alcohol. Hopefully she will like this.
I'm with you there Bro! Same boat. She never drinks when she needs to calm her nerve. Im hoping that she will like this

I brewed this the correct way on Monday. Its fermenting like CRAZY right now and my room smells so lemony. I want it to hurry up so I can have some. I was just out doing yard work and all I could think is how I want some NOW.

Old 07-25-2013, 11:52 PM   #145
lumpy5oh
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I am planning on kegging this tomorrow. Do I need the sorbate if I keg? My plan is to rack to my bottling bucket to sweeten and then into the keg. I haven't been able to find any sorbate yet and was hoping the fridge temp would stop any fermentation.
I have an APA to bottle as well and if I need to switch the 2 I can but I think I would prefer the lemon on tap (easier for SWMBO to get at if she likes it!!).

Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for much, but bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Old 07-26-2013, 03:07 AM   #146
paulster2626
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 334 Times on 223 Posts
Likes Given: 559

Okay, round 2 is in the bottles.

Didn't use sorbate this time, as I'm going to let it get carb'd up. Used 2 cans of lime-ade for fun, and 6 cups of sugar this time. Tasted great going in the bottles.

I filled 4 PET bottles and will use them as a gauge by their squishy-ness to determine what's happening in the glass. I really, really hope things don't explode on me.

Was thinking of just piling everything in the dishwasher and running a high-heat cycle to pasteurize when the time comes - anyone ever do this with success?

Old 07-26-2013, 05:12 AM   #147
hennesey1
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchmcq

I just finished a batch of cranberry lemonade. I used cranberry juice instead of water. It was a huge hit.
Can I have ur recipe for 5 gal. That sounds awesome

Old 07-27-2013, 07:28 PM   #148
smartin73
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hennesey1
Can I have ur recipe for 5 gal. That sounds awesome
Yeah, I'm curious if it's up front (before fermentation) or if it's part of the back sweetening, guessing it's the back sweetening. making this again next week and have been thinking cranberry lemonade

Old 07-29-2013, 02:01 PM   #149
Jacinthebox
Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
Okay, round 2 is in the bottles.

Didn't use sorbate this time, as I'm going to let it get carb'd up. Used 2 cans of lime-ade for fun, and 6 cups of sugar this time. Tasted great going in the bottles.

I filled 4 PET bottles and will use them as a gauge by their squishy-ness to determine what's happening in the glass. I really, really hope things don't explode on me.

Was thinking of just piling everything in the dishwasher and running a high-heat cycle to pasteurize when the time comes - anyone ever do this with success?
let us know how you make out with the dishwasher...I'm about to start another batch...
Tap #1: Dos Amigo Tap #2: Amarillo Pale Ale Tap #3: Summer Wheat (Big Spruce's American Wheat comp brew) Tap #4: Cascadian Red Ale Tap #5: Orbit Pale Ale Tap #6: Mandarina Bravaira Ale Tap #7: Dos Amigo Lager In the Bucket: Apple-Peach Honey Cider, Garrison Comp Robust Porter (test #1) In the Carboy: Mandarina Bravaira Ale Kegged and Parked 3 Scots & a Frenchman

Old 07-30-2013, 12:15 AM   #150
paulster2626
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 334 Times on 223 Posts
Likes Given: 559

Might be doing it tonight - checked a PET bottle yesterday, and it was just a hint fizzy. Today I grabbed another and it's hard as a rock - got it chilling now to check, and also a glass bottle in the freezer to check as well (might as well have 2 if it's ready!).

After I run the other 2 PET bottles through the dishwasher with the glass ones, I'm going to put them all in the ferm. chamber while I leave the PET ones out for another week. If they gush or expand further then I know the pasteurization didn't work and I'll need to step it up. If it's the same after, then we're good.

I suspect these will all be gone on the 17th anyway, as we're moving and I want to satisfy the help with some refreshing homemade hard lemonade.

This **** really is good - can't believe more people don't make it.

Quick Reply