Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > franzia style "box wine" bags for home made?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2010, 11:20 PM   #1
badmajon
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default franzia style "box wine" bags for home made?

Has anyone tried this kind of thing? I was thinking it might be a good way to serve my stuff when it's ready. Not quite as classy as a bottle, but I think it's pretty convenient for table wine.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2010, 02:21 PM   #2
FromZwolle
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 50 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 2

define 'when its ready'. i've read that the mylar, or whatever those bags are made of, doesn't allow the wine to age. If you're making something that is drinkable right out of the fermenter, i would say go for it, but if it were something that would normally need a few months of bottle aging, it may not come out as good. I couldn't say anything for certain, though. i haven't tried.

if you do go ahead and use the box, be sure to post the methods and results here. I'm curious to see how it turns out, my in-laws are big into the francia boxed stuff.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply