Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > First wines and my house smells lovely!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2009, 09:09 PM   #1
koomber
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default First wines and my house smells lovely!

Just started my first two wines, a ginger wine and a tea wine. Not because I want to be interesting and ample unusual flavours, but because these are two incredibly cheap wines to produce. Being a brit Tea is of course in fairly abundant supply.

Anyway, they are both going brilliantly now. The tea wine is bubbling furiously in the Demijohn after a bit of a delayed start, but the ginger wine is sitting in it's bucket and is going mental. A wonderful sound, a bit like water dripping of a roof during a heavy rain.

The tea wine is contributing nothing to the smell of my flat, but the ginger one smells like heaven.

I'd post the recipe, but I don't think I can since I didn't take an SG, but I'm assured by SWMBO's grandparents that this will have no ill effect, and so long as it tastes okay, there should be no problems.

*** EvilTOJ_ changed topic to <koomber> Bodka. Mae from 100% geniuine dylexic potatos

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply