Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > First wine

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2013, 06:59 PM   #11
kingogames
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 109

Oh God. I wish I would have read this. My wine kit says in the "tips" section to stir it every other day during primary fermentation, and on the second stage you can continue to do it, but it's optional, so that's what I've been doing, but I will stop doing it. I will just degas when I add the stabilizers, and I like the idea of just letting it age out to degas. 6 months or so is about right? If I'm not stirring it, how can you tell if it is sufficiently degassed? Do you add the stabilizers and then age out, or do you add the stabilizers after it has aged, but before bottling? How long before bottling would you add them in that scenario?

THANKS!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply