New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > First Time Brewing Issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2013, 03:36 PM   #1
thewire247
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default First Time Brewing Issues

Hi.

I'm a first time brewer and I've run into a little problem. I left this morning with my wine fermenting and the brewing belt on. My room got a bit hotter than I was expecting during the day (due to the nice weather) and with the aid of the belt the brew reached about 32 degrees. Naturally it started bubbling through the airlock and spouted over the wall.

I was just wondering whether the brew is still any good to continue seeing as I only started it yesterday, I am currently allowing it to cool to room temperature (which is about 20 degrees now).

Thanks.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2013, 06:28 PM   #2
novalou
Recipes 

Liked 35 Times on 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewire247
Hi.

I'm a first time brewer and I've run into a little problem. I left this morning with my wine fermenting and the brewing belt on. My room got a bit hotter than I was expecting during the day (due to the nice weather) and with the aid of the belt the brew reached about 32 degrees. Naturally it started bubbling through the airlock and spouted over the wall.

I was just wondering whether the brew is still any good to continue seeing as I only started it yesterday, I am currently allowing it to cool to room temperature (which is about 20 degrees now).

Thanks.
As long as the temp didn't kill the yeast, it will continue fermenting just as it did before. It won't be until fermentation is complete that you'll be able to taste and see if any unwanted flavors came out at this temp.

Let it finish fermenting and taste.

Old 02-19-2013, 08:15 PM   #3
Inner10
Recipes 

Liked 43 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewire247 View Post
Hi.

Thanks.
It's perfectly safe unless your wife kills you for making such a mess.

Drank too much?...Is that a thing?

Old 02-19-2013, 08:42 PM   #4
thewire247
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner10 View Post
It's perfectly safe unless your wife kills you for making such a mess.
Fortunately it cleaned off the walls . Its back to normal temperature now and bubbling away nicely. Hopefully it wouldn't have ruined the flavour. Thanks for the tips.

Old 02-20-2013, 04:36 AM   #5
Cyclman
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 288 Times on 254 Posts
Likes Given: 105

Should be fine, you'll tell when you taste it.

Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime! Bill Owen quote

Join the Beacon Point (Aurora, CO) Brewclub on Facebook- casual, fun brewing, drinking, socializing, visiting the great breweries / brewpubs in CO!

Quick Reply