Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > First Filter Attempt

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2010, 09:40 PM   #1
DoctorCAD
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 54 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default First Filter Attempt

Hope I can attach the pictures.

I used a plate style filter in combination with my Winegasgetter to suck the wine through the filter instead of pressure pushing the wine through.

I didn't have any problems and didn't spill a drop. I've read many accounts of these style of filters leaking, so I was kinda worried.

The wine is a Spagnols 2010 RQ Cab Franc/Merlot. It is amazingly dark and thick for a kit wine. The wine is 45 days old and should be ready for bottling now. I added 3 crushed Campden tabs and will wait until after new Years to bottle. Give the SO2 time to bleed off.

I tasted it yesterday and it is pretty good, smeels a bit of yeast, but I hope the filtering gets rid of all of that. It has really nice legs in the glass, something that most kits seem to lack, at least the kits I have made.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply