Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > Fermenting pomegranate juice

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2012, 06:25 AM   #21
MedicMang
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 170 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Well the carbonating didn't go as planned. It's been bottled for quite some time now (probably 3 weeks or more). I used some carb tablets. It said for light carb use 3, for mid use 4, and high use five. I ended up with only 5 bottles of this. So one is still, one has 3 tablets, one has 4 tablets, and two have 5 tablets. So yesterday I was all excited to try my sparking wine and blah. Tastes like straight sugar. Yuck. I like my wine dry, so it was extra horrible. But ya, NO carbonation. I did let the wine sit in the carboy forever, so did all of the yeast fall out? Maybe they are dead? I don't know. Either way, it doesn't seem that I'm going to enjoy them as much now that I basically just added sugar to it for no reason except to make it taste bad.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2012, 04:51 PM   #22
saramc
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 147 Times on 133 Posts
Likes Given: 1

MedicMang...had you treated this with k-meta plus sorbate prior to adding the carb tabs? What temperature are you storing at?

I typically use three tabs for every 12 oz, store at room temp for 5-7 days and have successful carbonation. I found that two tabs per 12-ounce bottle provide low carbonation, three tablets provide moderate carbonation, four tablets provide typical carbonation and five tablets provide a high carbonation level. I do not recall where I read about how many tabs to use, for how much carbonation...but it sounds like the same dosage that your refer to.

Motto: quel che sara sara

Old 10-28-2012, 07:13 PM   #23
MedicMang
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 170 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 21

No k-meta or the other thing you mentioned. What are those? I'm storing at about 68. In terms of the carb tablet dosages, they were on the package. I'm thinking that there was just not enough yeast in suspension to properly carbonate.

Old 11-01-2012, 01:58 AM   #24
saramc
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 147 Times on 133 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicMang
No k-meta or the other thing you mentioned. What are those? I'm storing at about 68. In terms of the carb tablet dosages, they were on the package. I'm thinking that there was just not enough yeast in suspension to properly carbonate.
Assuming you are asking what potassium sorbate is? I will provide a link to a glossary of winemaking terms, that way you can read up. Http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/glossary.asp

Motto: quel che sara sara

Quick Reply

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS