Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > fermentation update

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2007, 11:34 PM   #1
ron,ar
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default fermentation update

I do believe my grape juice wine is finally beginning to ferment. I noticed the old familar odor in the back room and opened the cabinet to check. It looks like it should now! I don't know why it took so long to start but naybe just the cooler temps I tried to start it during. Thanks, I am going out of town for a few days and let you know how it is going.
Now, another question:
I keep seeing reerence to an Apfelwein that some are brewing. I have not quite gotten the handle on navigating this site yet. Is there a recipe here some where I might look at?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2007, 11:49 PM   #2
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 4278 Times on 3117 Posts
Likes Given: 824

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron,ar
I do believe my grape juice wine is finally beginning to ferment. I noticed the old familar odor in the back room and opened the cabinet to check. It looks like it should now! I don't know why it took so long to start but naybe just the cooler temps I tried to start it during. Thanks, I am going out of town for a few days and let you know how it is going.
Now, another question:
I keep seeing reerence to an Apfelwein that some are brewing. I have not quite gotten the handle on navigating this site yet. Is there a recipe here some where I might look at?
Actually, I think the recipe is in the very first post of that particular thread. Great recipe, and you have to try apfelwein if you've never had it. I used to live in Germany and remember apfelwein with great fondness!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply