The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > Explosive Fermentation

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2012, 02:20 PM   #11
saramc
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 146 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arpolis

here you go everyone so there are some explosion pics:

Pumpkin pie melomel
So colorful! Where did you get the square carboys, and what volume are they? Did the ceiling stain? Having flashbacks to baby daze and feeding pumpkin/squash.

Motto: quel che sara sara

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2012, 03:10 PM   #12
Arpolis
Recipes 

Liked 173 Times on 162 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Heck I am in those baby days right now with one at about 6 months now lol. I got the square water bottles at Walmart. I thought that they were cool because they had the wide tops for primary "which I thought would contain the krausen of doom", and I could do the normal airlock. Also after racking to secondary for aging I turn them on there sides and I put in a water spout in the airlock hole so I can fill bottles easy when ready. Oh yea and they are 2 gallon jugs.

A painting says a thousand words. But a painting while on good mead just looks funny!

Old 11-09-2012, 07:41 PM   #13
saramc
Recipes 

Liked 146 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arpolis
Heck I am in those baby days right now with one at about 6 months now lol. I got the square water bottles at Walmart. I thought that they were cool because they had the wide tops for primary "which I thought would contain the krausen of doom", and I could do the normal airlock. Also after racking to secondary for aging I turn them on there sides and I put in a water spout in the airlock hole so I can fill bottles easy when ready. Oh yea and they are 2 gallon jugs.
Ah congrats on the kiddo! I am counting the months until the youngest heads to college(30 months), and for the oldest who recently got out of military in late Feb moves out of the basement(he says January). Were the squares in outdoors/camping section? Will have to check out. Thx.

Motto: quel che sara sara

Old 11-10-2012, 04:03 AM   #14
Arpolis
Recipes 

Liked 173 Times on 162 Posts
Likes Given: 32

There is a purified water section where you can refill water cooler type containers and it was sold there. Out of all the walmarts around me there is only one that sels these.

A painting says a thousand words. But a painting while on good mead just looks funny!

Old 11-13-2012, 06:14 PM   #15
MzAnnie
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 65

Cool pics!!!! I put a lid on my Carmel Apple Mead primary, and when I came home from work the next day, it looked like it was going to drop some puppies. Everything was so swollen...I wish I would have taken some pics, but all I could think about was the mess it would make, if I didn't release some pressure. I don't think the lid will ever return to normal!!!

Quick Reply