New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > Eves dropping at the bar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2012, 12:51 AM   #31
conneryis007
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Just to throw a square at a round hole:
The entire Oregon medical marijuana laws are set up just like this. You are not allowed to sell your products. But if someone wants to make a donation to help cover your operating costs/supplies/etc they can and then they in return they donate their product. This doesn't just pertain to dispensaries, but to the literally millions of pounds "donated" from person to person there each year.

Why ask questions about taking 20 bucks from your friends?? The laws are set up to make sure the government gets their share of the money. This is oriented towards going into business selling your product publicly...

Never underestimate how much assistance, how much satisfaction, how much comfort, how much soul and transcendence there might be in a well-made taco and a cold bottle of beer.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2012, 03:12 AM   #32
501irishred
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 120 Times on 98 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalFet View Post
It's really not as complicated as all that. What you have in threads like these is people trying to make laws complicated, to find "loopholes" that they believe will exempt them from plain language.

That's not how the law works. As with most transactions, a "sale" is constituted by the intent of the two parties involved. If the giving of money and the giving of beer are each dependent on the other for the transaction to proceed, it's a sale. Selling beer is illegal.

Everything else is just hocus pocus.
I can only speak for myself, I don't know the motivation for others here, it was never my mission to find loopholes in a system so I could exploit it. On the other hand I don't want to get "get caught with my pants down" doing wrong what I previously thought I was in the good. I do believe however, as you, that intent is the bottom line.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply