The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > DvineWine

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2008, 06:15 PM   #1
BigKahuna
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 47 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default DvineWine

So we went to this "Winery" in Silverthorn this weekend called Dvine Wine, Your Personal Winery! http://www.dvinewineusa.com/ They call themselves an "On Premises Fermenting Winery" which means they make kit wine just like you and me, in glass carboys, just lots at a time. The wine was actually very good, I bottled about 30 for them because I was so intrigued with the vacuum powered bottle filler.

I was pretty well impressed with the whole place, it was like a really big home made wine shop as opposed to a really small commercial winery.

If you ever get the chance to go to one, It's worth the half hour you'll spend.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2008, 06:58 PM   #2
McSwiggin'
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

We have something similar in South Florida... "Brewmasters". They are a complete brew/vint on premise facility. They usually do beer in 13 gallong batches, and wine in 5 or 6 gallon. They are also an LHBS. He has grains and extracts in bulk and a whole binder of recipes to choose from. He also has some pretty sweet brew kettles set up. I have never made anything with his equipment, but I buy supplies from him every now and then. Funny thing, he has a pretty cool bottle filler too! They force card all there beers, and they have automatic pressurized bottle fillers.

Old 08-06-2008, 02:18 PM   #3
summersolstice
Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 16 Posts

THe Missus and I went to a brew on premises place like that a few months ago when we were in Denver. Just a half block off the 16th Street Mall. They were selling the wines they produced and the members wines were in various stages in the back. They took us on a tour and it sounds like the owners were actually doing everything from pitching the yeast to bottling the wine.

Quick Reply