New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Wine Making Forum > Difference in clarifying instructions...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2012, 10:25 PM   #1
WineIsRed
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Default Difference in clarifying instructions...

No problem – just curious...

I have done a bunch of wine kits (Pinot Noir, Barolo, Nero D'Avola), and I've noticed that the directions are usually very similar. Specifically, the directions have always indicated that it's *very important* to stir the sediment from secondary back into suspension before stabilizing and adding the clarifier. No problem... all my kits have turned out very nice.

I just transferred a Malbec-Shiraz to secondary... and the instructions indicate to transfer to a tertiary after ten days and then add the stabilizers and clarifier (chitosan).

Would anyone know why this kit (all the kits have been “Selection” kits) would be different?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2012, 04:26 AM   #2
Honda88
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 49

i have no idea why they want you to stire the sediment up if your just going to send it to the bottom again, maybe it has something to do with the flavor or degassing, who knows, I would keep on trucking though dont worry about it.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply