Tried re-pitching. After 3 days, nothing. I just made up a new starter with a cup of orange juice and some fresh EC 1118. Gonna try that, adding a little must at a time to the new starter. I racked the must off the raisins trying to leave behind dead yeast, etc.
I think I know what went wrong. The raisins! Sunmade Golden raisins. I went to the store and checked the package. Sulphur dioxide added as a preservative. I didn't check before. This stuff was absolutely cooking before I added the raisins and dumped the stuff into a carboy. Heck, the first night, it blew the airlock right off the carboy! And then after a couple of days or so, it died at 1.100.
So wish me luck and if anybody has any pointers, I would welcome them. This is actually the second time this happened to me. I never figured out what caused it the first time 2 years ago. I only managed to get that one down around 1.05 or so, but after 2 years, it ended up being a pretty good sweet dandelion wine. People love it. I was really hoping for dry this time.
Next year, I think I will try some white grape juice instead of the raisins. I did notice the Sunmade regular raisins did not have preservatives - only the golden!